Summer Wedding Favours Video

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Another Chocolate recipe.... mmm

As it is Chocolate week this week I was asked by Diary of a (not so) single mum 
if I would like to send her a Chocolate recipe. I have so many favourites but as it is my husbands birthday this week I thought I would send in one of his favourites.

A trusted Delia Smith recipe  which I hope she doesn't mind me sharing that has been used over and over again! In fact my cookery book is looking a little worn and worse for wear.... so with no further ado here it is...

Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding

You will need :

9 slice, each 1/4 inch (5mm) thick, good quality white bread, 1 day old, taken from a large loaf
5 oz (150g) dark continental chocolate with 75% cocoa solids
( of course I will be using our Chocolatier's delicious Organic Fairtrade chocolate when I make this later in the week!)
15 floz (425ml) whipping cream
4 tablespoons dark rum
4 oz (110g) caster sugar
3 oz (75g) butter
A good pinch cinnamon
3 x size 1 eggs

Shallow ovenproof dish 7 x 9 inches (18x23cm) x 2 inches (5cm) deep

Double cream, well chilled to serve

I am going to shorten the instructions as this is a really easy recipe, infact I'm sure you could work it out for yourself but just incase you need a little help...

  • Cut off crusts and cut each slice into 4 triangles
  • Place chocolate, whipping cream, rum , sugar, butter and cinnamon in bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water. Don't let the bowl touch the water, then wait for it all to melt and dissolve.
  • Remove the bowl and stir well.
  • In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and then blend with the chocolate mixture
  • Spoon 1/2 inch (1cm) layer of the chocolate mixture into your dish then place 1/2 the bread triangles in overlapping rows.
  • Pour 1/2 the remainder of the mixture over the and then add the second 1/2 of the bread triangles and finish off with the remainder of the chocolate mixture.
The hard part now is once you have smelt that chocolate it is very tempting to cook the pudding straight away but you know what the best things come to those who wait....

  • Allow to cool then cover the pudding with cling film and place in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours ideally 48 hours if you can wait that long!  
  • Turn the oven on to gas mark 4, 350 degrees (180 degrees C)
  • Remove clingfilm and bake in the oven on a high shelf for 30-35 minutes, the top should be crunchy and the inside soft and squidgey.
  • Leave it to stand for 10 minutes before serving with well chilled double cream
♥ D E L I C I O U S  ♥  E N J O Y ♥

1 comment:

  1. Sounds gorgeous! I'll definitely have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete